Wednesday, September 9, 2020

235: "Which One Do I Shoot?" - Big Business (1998)

Dear Mary Gross, we're sorry.  Next time we pull your name we will finally watch Feds.  I don't know why we didn't do it this time.  Maybe I'm afraid I won't love it as much as I should.  I really want to enjoy Feds but I've been hurt by movies in the past and I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to put my heart back on the line.  So instead we watched some piece of crap that you have two scenes in.

Big Business from 1988 stars Bette Midler and Lily Tomlin as two sets of twins, born at the same hospital and separated at birth.  So one Bette grew up with one Lily and vice versa.  This Prince And The Pauper-esque tale sees all 4 in New York City (The Plaza Hotel specifically.  Which is so important to the plot that they justified building an expensive set of the hotel instead of shooting in another hotel).  What do you think will happen when these twins meet each other?  Well, you have to wait until about 10 minutes before the movie is over.  That's right, this movie is just a series of "Hey, I'm gonna talk to you as if you were the other person who looks like you and then confusion will set in".  It sucks.  A shorter podcast this week since we have so little to talk about but we pack as much as we can into 45 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment